Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Rollerskating.. An old activity revisted

So Jennifer and I were on a shopping mission to purchase Roller Skates.. no inline ones but the old kind you had as a kid... Even though they have come back into fashion... not an easy to come by unless you hit a specialty store... Online buying is hard too when you don't know your size in skates...  Ok so we're at Dicks Sporting Goods.. trying on rollerblades to get sizing info..  I literally think a light bulb appeared over my head...   Maybe we should TRY rollerskating before we spend money on skates.. So that's how we ended up at Orbit Roller Rink last Saturday.
I was driving there and remember all time time I had spent at the Oak Lawn Roller Rink... and the music...It was 70's and 80's music...   I had not been on regular roller skates for probably 15-20 years.... I did do some rollerblading about 10 years ago.. Wow was it hard.. and awkward...  We managed to last about 2 hours before we headed to the bar!

Durty Nellies had a Talking Heads Tribute band with a Rolling Stones tribute band opening for them..


Unfortunately I only caught some video of the opener.. I think there were too many drinks in between for me to remember to get the headliner  ..lol

Round 2 is this Sat... more skating and this time a  Poison Tribute and a Motley Crue tribute...


No comments:

Post a Comment